23 January 2009

Tegan and Sara....Mates of the State

I know I'm a bit late in the game, but I'm just discovering T and S.
Remember when I was
Sweet and unexplainable
Nothing like this person,
Unlovable



Look me in the eye and tell me you don't find me attractive
Look me in the heart and tell me you won't go
Look me in the eye and promise no love's like our love
Look me in the heart and unbreak broken, it won't happen



Reminds me of Mates of the State. JillyG introduced me to them oh so long ago in ...2000?



I particularly enjoy their "Everyone Needs an Editor."

I feel right all the time
I am right all the time


(Well, oh well let's call it quits)
Runaway forever
Cut me some slack
It's my side of the mountain

(Well, oh well let's call it quits)
Right away if I could
And if I might
It's my side of the bed

I color the sky with you
I let you choose the blue


Reminds me of a song J-A used to sing.
Walked up a hill today came to the sky.
There I was.
I could hardly believe
I had reached it so suddenly.
...My beautiful blue away?

No comments: