27 March 2009

Road Trip to Phoenix: The beginning

Morning errands -- Galco's for snacks and soda pop where I heard:

The checkers and I talked about love vs. marriage and roadtrips.

Cafe de Leche (http://www.cafedeleche.net/black.html) for Agave Mochas:

I paused to read some Neruda:

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.

Write, for example, 'The night is starry
and the stars are blue and shiver in the distance.'

The night wind revolves in the sky and sings.

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.

Through nights like this one I held her in my arms.
I kissed her again and again under the endless sky.

She loved me, sometimes I loved her too.
How could one not have loved her great still eyes...

I no longer love her, that's certain, but maybe I love her.
Love is so short, forgetting is so long.

And, lastly, paused at Sarah's for a listen to Keith Green on her record player:



Then, our odd family was on the road.

No comments: