15 February 2009

India Arie -- Understanding

I've been enjoying India's new CD quite a lot; she heals me, or she reminds me to heal myself.

Nevertheless, the focus on forgiveness in her other album still speaks to me. What is the "heart of the matter"? Understanding? Seeing from a different perspective?



I recently wrote some thoughts on understanding of self and others on a drive to Tribal Cafe in Echo Park -- a new favorite of mine. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=18629582

I give you my guilt;
I give you my shame.
There is no one to blame.

I release my fear;
I release my doubt.
I choose to live without.

They may have been passed on from them to me;
but I let go so I can be.

They hurt me more than anything else;
I am free to be myself.



I've felt used for a long time now, but I'm realizing my negative thoughts (intellectual violence as a good friend calls it) harm me the most. I figure it's time to get down to the heart of the matter. I choose to be the change I wish to see in the world.

No comments: