09 March 2009

The Power of Now....again


Heard this on the morning drive:
Most people are in love with their particular life drama... The ego runs their life. They have their whole sense of self invested in it. Even their--usually unsuccessful---search for an answer, a solution, or for healing becomes part of it. What they fear and resist most is the end of their drama....You cannot have an argument with a fully conscious person. An argument implies identification with your mind and a mental position, as well as resistance and reaction to the person's position.

Then, I had a long conversation with an old friend about control and personality conflicts and rhetoric used for persuading instead of creating a forum for finding truth.

Lastly, I'm having my students analyze the rhetoric of high pressure groups on campus.

I think I'm heading for a belief crisis.

No comments: