23 February 2009

Eat, Pray, Love.

Picked up Eat, Pray, Love again. Wabi Sabi friend gave it to me, oh, it must have been, this past Fall. I got stuck halfway through Pray before, but now I'm determined to make it to Love.


"I have a friend from High School who now works with the mentally handicapped, and he says his autistic patients have a particularly heartbreaking awareness of time's passage, as if they never got the mental filter that allows the rest of us to forget about mortality every once in a while and just live. One of Rob's patients always ask him the date at the beginning of every day, and at the end of the day will ask, "Rob--when will it be February fourth again?" And before Rob can answer, the guy shakes his head in sorrow and says, "I know, I know, never mind...not until next year, right?"

No comments: